Wednesday, July 17, 2013

defeated by wednesday

Do you ever just start the week off on the wrong foot, and feel like there's no way you're going to turn it around? As I laid in bed last night, I thought of how fantastically disappointing my clothes shopping experience at Target was and how aware of my midsection I am right now.  Compounded with feeling like I had done so good last week and having a major disappointment on the scale, and the weather matching my mood, and I'm in a funk.  
Plus these things have been mocking me from my dressing room.
Bastards.
Husband and I were chatting last night about groceries (so romantic) and he noted that I eat pretty effing healthy and don't drink booze. I told him I'd rather eat fruit than granola bars. I almost said chocolate, but I think we all know I'd choose chocolate over granola bars. (Who wouldn't? Let's not discuss fruit vs. chocolate because it will end with me staring down a "chocolate fondue for four" in some serious trouble.)  Yes, I do all this good shit for myself. I go to boot camp, I started doing yoga, I eat fruit and egg whites like they hurt my mother and kicked my puppy, and yet here I am.  Stagnating. 

I've heard that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.  (Shut up, Einstein.)  But shouldn't that be the key to losing weight and getting healthy? Pick a habit, keep doing it, see results, buy bikini.  This seems like a no-brainer.  I eat healthy, I work out. I would buy a bikini but no one wants to see that shit (YET).  Wow, way to follow my own advice about self-deprication.  Next I'll be telling myself I should "practice positive self-talk!" Blegh.

Okay, this is losing focus.  Back to the deal - what happens when you feel like you're doing everything right and you're not getting what you want?

Change it the fuck up.

I have 49 days left until my birthday. Seven weeks.  I thought to myself "Self, it seems highly unlikely you can lose 15-ish lbs in that much time." And then I remembered I'd done it before.  Well there goes that excuse.  And as I re-read that post, I realize that I can do that again.  I'm going to do that again.  Let's start a 7-week challenge together.

Who's with me?  If you aren't - why not?

The way I see it, when I'm in a funk, there are two paths - continue to wallow and whine about it, or do something about it.  I'm more of a do-er.  Here's what I'm suggesting:

  • Everyone chooses a goal they'd like to obtain over the next 7 weeks. It can be pound-age, it can be a habit, it can be inches, whatever.  
  • Pick your goal, send it to me. I've heard rumblings there are lurkers out there that are contemplating contacting me - I want you to! I won't yell at you, I promise. If you want to send me your goal, I can help you set up a goal pyramid. 
  • We'll talk about rewards - maybe I'll kick in a little something-something for the "winner." Could we do a poll? I'm still fleshing this out.  (Flesh is such a weird word.)
 I'm going to test out a poll thing.  Vote and let me know it works (or if it doesn't, so I can go shake my fist at someone).

 (Update: Poll is on the side. I tried to embed one and it made all the colors go super-fugly.)



Or better.


 

1 comment: