Tuesday, July 9, 2013

change is a good thing

Good afternoon, muffins! I've been thinking of you, don't worry. I don't even want to tell you where I am in terms of my goal.  Let's just say there have been some ups and downs (and I'm a lb farther from my goal than when I last blogged).  I went on vacation in the middle of all that.  And the exact opposite of what I expected to happen ended up happening.

Have you ever heard that old saying "A change is as good as a rest"?  You know, the thing people say when they don't know how to make you feel better about shitty things happening to you?  Kind of like "Everything happens for a reason!" and "Why are you in my house? I'm calling the police." Anyways, I was kind of thinking about that saying in a different way.  I had been motoring along hitting the end of the school year, but things were just not moving like I wanted them to.  Before I left on vacation, I stepped on the scale and I was actually up 3lbs.  I said "Fuck you, scale" and went on vacation.  
 
Have you ever been to the Okanagan? There is a little blip on the side of the road called Winfield. (Okay, it's called Lake Country, but I refuse to call it that. It's Winfield to me.)  And in Winfield is a bakery that has been there for a long time.  My mom remembers it as a kid.  That's old. (Love you, Maj!)  They make these donut pretzel things that my husband lovingly dubbed prez-nuts.  (Shouldn't it be pretz-nuts? Just sayin'.)  They are ridiculously delicious and way too many of them made their way into my mouth this past week.  I was sure that I'd be up another 20lbs when I got home because my body was spiting me for missing a week of boot camp AND eating pretz-nuts.  But what is this? A loss? Of two lbs?! Sweet baby jebus on a stick, what a pleasant surprise!
 
The Okanagan. Home of Pretz-Nuts and rattlesnakes. 





 

I don't really want to know what happened there, but I'll take it and run with it.  In my head, I'm thinking that I just needed a bit of a shake-up from the regular routine.  Your body gets used to shit, you have to surprise it every once in a while.  In keeping with that, I'm guinea-pigging an unlimited yoga pass that I will tell you more about later.  I'm also becoming increasingly enamored with CrossFit.  Stay tuned, muffins.
 
So moral of the story - are you in a slump? Feel like you're doing everything right and don't have the results you want?  It's time to shake shit up.  Not literally. Well, okay maybe literally if you want to try Zumba.  Fill your boots.  But in the figurative sense, pick something you've been wanting to try and go do it.  Now. Why not? 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment