Sunday, June 9, 2013

a shark full of piss and vinegar

Hello muffins! I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend!

You may be wondering what the hell the title of this post is referring to.  This is what has been running through my head all week.  I love having a challenge to work on, and I'm relishing everything that has been happening.

I can't remember what movie or show or whatever it was that I saw it in, but I'm having a pretty vivid memory (okay, not vivid at all. I'm Helen Keller-ing this) about sharks, and how their lungs work on the basis of water being pushed through to allow for oxygen exchange.  I have a biology degree; this twigged in my brain.  Sharks always have to keep moving.  If they stop, they die.  I can totally identify with this.  Not literally (I enjoy sleeping WAY too much for that), but in the sense that I feel happiest when I am moving forward.

And I beat her.  I'm that good.
When was the last time you tried something new? Or felt something you've never felt before? Challenge time: I want you to try something new every day this week.  It doesn't have to be elaborate or life-changing (although, can you imagine how effing awesome it would be if it did?!).  I aim to try as much new stuff as possible - I love pushing my boundaries and seeing what I'm capable of.  It just reaffirms how far I've come and shows me how much more I could do.  I try new food (Indian? Who knew?), I talk to people I may not have thought to reach out to, I explore new opportunities that I would have blown off before.  Because, at the end of the day, why not? (Ooooooh, she said the name of the blog! Mystery solved, friends).


I find this way of living completely thrilling.  It invigorates me to wake up and think "Today, I'm going to encounter something and do the complete opposite of what I'd normally do." It actually put a little pep in my step for the week - as if I was full of piss 'n' vinegar. 

So go forth, lovelies, and fall in love with the idea of becoming a better version of you by expanding what you're capable of.  Can you imagine what you could do? You have no excuse.

Why not?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment