Sunday, April 28, 2013

this girl is on fire

Alicia Keys sure knows how to belt it out.  This has been my jam for the last few weeks as I motor through the wrap-up of my six-week body challenge.  It feels like it's been a long time since we started, because so much has happened and changed since then.  It's kind of crazy what can happen in such a short time!

1. You can finally fit into, and subsequently become too small for, a favored piece of clothing.
2. You can reaffirm that you really don't need to drink in order to have a good time, and you can spend a weekend away from home and still lose weight.
3. You can relish in the fact that your body has limits that can change, and you can keep pushing them regardless of how high they get.
4. You can start feeling excited to show off your body.
5. You can make changes to your lifestyle and have them become so engrained, they are habits.

And much more, I'm sure.

The moral of this story is that little changes can mean big things if you stick with them.  For the month of April I embarked on a "squat challenge" that was all over Pinterest.  I didn't take any "before" photos, but my legs feel pretty jacked after working up to 250.  I would highly suggest it if you're curious - just make sure you stretch!

 
Picked up from this blog .  If you Google it, there are also versions with a bare ass to motivate you if you're into that kind of thing.
 

Side note: I've been thrilled with everyone's kind words and compliments since I took the blog "live" (as I like to put it - really, I just made it a little more known that I've been plugging away at this for a while).  I get all warm and fuzzy and all that thinking that I might have inspired someone who was feeling a little down or needing a kickstart of some kind.  My door is always open if anyone ever wants to pick my brain! 



No comments:

Post a Comment