Friday, April 5, 2013

i caved a little

I hate it when the weather is gloomy.  It sours my whole damn mood.  I wanted a coffee today - and I had one.
I KNOW - it's not a weekend day.  Here's my thought process.

1. I'm in a crappy mood - I'm tantalizingly close to a major milestone weight-wise and I think I'm having a snap-back week so I don't think I'm going to hit it.  Rage.
2. I have been wanting to eat everything in sight - fruit.  What the hell, right? Apparently my tastes are changing again, because I've been tempted by clementines.  Woe is me.
3.  I woke up today, and I said "I really want a damn coffee.  I don't want the caffeine, I don't want a huge one, I just want the taste of it."
4. I demonized it all day, and then I realized - I'm a big girl.  I can go a whole work week without coffee if I want to - today I just decided I'd really enjoy a coffee.  I got a decaf, I put fat-free creamer in it, I savored the feeling of the warmth on my hands.

And guess what? Underwhelming.  It was not the delicious comfort I thought it would be.  I learned a valuable lesson (which I knew, but apparently I needed a reminder) -  sometimes the thought of something is better than actually having it.

That chocolate cake will not be your entire undoing, but it's probably not going to do what you want it to do (comfort you, excite you, clean your car).  

Things upcoming - hopefully hitting this effing milestone I've been chasing for years (oh yeah, it's big), going to see Jillian Michaels speak tomorrow evening, and I've been doing a squat challenge.   

No comments:

Post a Comment