Tuesday, March 26, 2013

you won't miss it

I recently started a 6-week body transformation challenge through boot camp. It's given me a lot of perspective on how far I've come, both in terms of weight loss and general health/fitness habits. 

I decided that I needed to cut the weekday coffee.  It was getting bad.  Like "I'm jealous of that homeless man walking down the street because he has a Roll Up cup."  I also like to include approximately 89 tablespoons of creamer in my coffee, and I knew I was drinking a lot of calories before noon.  So I said I would give up the weekday coffee - I would still enjoy a cup of fresh-made (by husband) coffee on weekend days if I wanted it, but nothing during the weekdays.  And you know what? I don't really miss it.

That's the thing about making these good habits, and truly seeing how you can survive without the shitty food.  I promise you: You will not miss it.
And some people just about ran that kid down because he had a Tim Horton's in his hand.  It's a sign.

I went to a party recently, and inquired about the non-alcoholic beverage choices.  The hostess said "Oh that's right, you don't really drink much, do you?" Nope. I sure don't.  My body has gotten to the point where I attempt one drink and I get the spins and feel like tossing my cookies.  Guess what - I don't miss drinking.  I still go and be with our friends and enjoy myself - and then I don't feel like ass the next day when everyone else is nursing their hangovers.

Honestly, there isn't a lot of junk food I do miss.  I still enjoy the occasional chocolate, but it has to be really good chocolate.  Most of the crap out there is full of wax and tastes nasty - why would I bother?  I don't crave pizza, or wings, or fries.  I can drive past a ton of fast food places and feel nothing but happy about the choices I make.  If I wanted pizza, would I have some? Of course.  But to tell you the truth, I never really want it.  Give me a taco salad or tofu stirfry and I'll be much happier.

So have faith - if you truly want it, and you commit to making good habits, you will not miss the shit.  It does get easier. 

Do you have a vice that is eating away at you (har har har)?  Try dropping it.  Seriously.  You might surprise yourself at how good you feel.





No comments:

Post a Comment