Wednesday, February 20, 2013

finding inspiration

I admit it: I'm a Biggest Loser addict.  I love watching these people get their asses kicked.  I love the looks on their faces when they have a big week. I love it when someone with a viciously bad attitude gets knocked down a peg.  It's all awesome. 

I tend to root for the young twenty-something women (shocking, I know) (Except Conda).  This season I've been pulling for Danni - the poor girl was on her own with Jillian Michaels riding her all day, and she pulled some fantastic numbers.  Plus, she doesn't go down like a Brazilian soccer player anytime she gets a bruise.  

This past week, she made it under 200lbs.  This is something I've been dreaming about for a good 9 years now, and it has always seemed like a pipe dream.  For the first time I can ever remember, getting into "One-derland" is actually a real possibility for me.  Let's ignore the fact I've been playing with the same damn 5 lbs since last July like Napoleon with a tetherball.  I find it insanely inspiring and empowering to see someone I can relate to accomplishing such a huge feat.  That girl started at almost 270lbs! 

If you're having trouble keeping your eating clean or getting your ass out for a walk, try to think of someone you're really inspired by.  I really had zero desire to actually go to boot camp after a long day at work today, but I decided I wanted to get under 200lbs more.  Sitting on my butt tonight might have felt really good in the moment, but that second I step on the scale and I'm in "One-derland"... that's probably going to feel way better and be much more memorable. 

Ugh, was this a cheesy post or what? I'm just a giant marshmallow sometimes.  
Some comic relief.  Or maybe Paula Deen inspires me. 
Kind of like how my teaching job inspires me to practice extra-safe sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment